Thursday, August 16, 2012

Swagbucks 101

Swagbucks is a great site where you can earn "swagbucks" or "SB" that you can trade in for giftcards and other rewards.  They have several rewards which you can redeem your SBs for but I believe that the best deal on Swagbucks is the $5.00 Amazon giftcard for 450 points. This is really easy to reach if you do a little bit each day.

It is free to sign up and you get 30 swagbucks just for joining!
  • Enter your email and choose a password and click "Get Started"
  • After registering, don't forget to comfirm your email!

Below is a list of different things you can do each day to earn SBs.
*I put an asterisk by the ones that I do every day that require little effort and little time*

Under the "Earn" Tab:
-Take the daily poll for 1 SB*
-NOSO stands for nobligation special offers. It takes you through a path of a few offers where you need to scroll to the bottom of the page and click "see next offer" or "skip." You can earn 2 SB doing the NOSOs each day.*
-Trusted Surveys can take a little longer to do and you can earn a lot more SBs (50-300) by doing them if you qualify. Even if you don't qualify, you will get 1 SB for trying up to 5 times. I used to do these all the time, but they use different websites for different surveys and sometimes I don't trust these other websites with my information. Also, I have frequently taken surveys which freeze up halfway through or tell me that I do not qualify after I have completed them. So it is up to you to see if the time is worth the large amount of instant Swagbucks or not.
-Swagbucks TV gains you 3 SBs each time you watch 10 videos or reach 100% on the Swagbucks Meter. I don't often watch TV but I am interested in music, movie trailers, or cooking/baking shows. They have all kinds of channels to choose from.
-Check your inbox daily. Often times they will have a video offer that rewards 1-5 SB. You simply watch the video and answer a question afterwards (usually regarding the commercial which I find odd since they are wanting you to watch the video..)*
-You can download the Swagbucks toolbar and use the search option instead of your typical google search engine. You can get randomly rewarded with SBs for this. I used to not use this feature because it is not comparable to Google's search engine. But I started using it and now this is the method I prefer to earn Swagbucks! It requires no extra effort (except maybe scrolling down each time since SB include's special offers at the top of your results.)
-Friend Swagbucks on Facebook & Twitter because sometimes they post codes that you can enter in and gain points. You can enter the codes when you log in to swagbucks.com. There is a swag code box in the upper right hand corner of the page. You press the "Gimme" button and voila! SBs! Be quick though, because the codes expire usually within a few hours (always EST) of posting and they are case sensitive. There is also a website, Swagbucks Spoiler, which will tell you if there is a code, what it is, and when it expires.

That's a good brief summary of Swagbucks for now! And like I said, I do a little bit each day and I can accumulate 450 points in about a month's time. Not bad for free amazon money! And the more you do, the more SB you'll get. (: Happy Swagging.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment