Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Past Few Months in Meal Pictures And a Tie Hanger


It is amazing what can happen in a few months. I feel like a totally different person in the interests that I am pursuing now. I am grateful to God and my husband who works hard for us that I am able to pursue life in a way that I haven't before.

Now is the time that I can discover who I am and what having a family is all about. Praise the Lord.

Picture books are always easy to follow so this has been my life over the last few months:

I made Andrew a tie hook:

We bought fresh pineapple for $1.00 at Sprouts only to find out that I am intolerant to it. It must be the high acidity because we put it on pizza and cooked it and I was okay.

We made an apple pie with all those cute free apples I got from my friend's friend's apple tree!




Don't forget the foil around the edges so the crust doesn't burn!

It was so easy and yummy! I used Pillsbury pie crust though. I will have to make my own sometime!




A coupon deal! $2.22 - Hooray!

We made spaghetti squash for the first time!





Don't forget to save the seeds!

 Instant spaghetti



And a free bowl to eat out of!


Spaghetti sauce and cheese. MMMmmm.

They have seeds in the bulbous part of the vegetable.

And aside from food, I learned to double check all pockets before doing the laundry. We don't have kids so I never expected anything like this, ha! Someone had chocolate in their pocket...

I learned to make tortillas from my lovely sister-in-law. They turned out great!

 A recipe I made up. Bellpepper chicken and wheat noodles: it was pretty good and the Hubby liked it!


Andrew helping me mash potatoes with home grown green onions in a jar.

Store bought organic green onions day 2!

Breaded chicken. I have to remember to dip them in flour first, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Oops.

Green Onions - 1st week of life!
My old Foley food mill from the thrift store.
 
My new Foley food mill from my mother-in-law's basement. Thanks Marie & Shelley!


It's fall. I am learning about all kinds of squash! Here's Butternut:

Butternut Soup is sooo good.


It goes a little something like this:











 And what would life be like without homemade biscuits?


No comments:

Post a Comment